Assistant Manager, (Financial Accounting – IFRS), Finance [Cairo]
POSTED BY: African Export and Import Bank AFREXIMBANK Egypt
Date Published:12 January 2022
Date of Expiration:11 July 2022
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| Egypt | CAIRO in Egypt
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|1. Working time Full-time
2. Location Cairo, Egypt
3. Deadline 03/09/2022
4. Reference SFBLR11
1. The role of the position holder will be to maintain the Bank’s General Ledger and involved in preparation of various accounting reports and statutory financial statements by implementing various processes for review and finalization by the Finance Manager and the Chief Finance Officer.
2. Responsible for conducting month-end accounting close process to ensure that all the month’s financial activities have been accounted for and in the process generate a series of reports such as accounts payable and accounts receivable, expense analysis which are reconciled to the bank’s general ledger and compiled to create an audit file.
3. Responsible for reviewing the reconciliations of sub ledgers to the General ledger for loan transactions and treasury transactions.
4. Responsible for preparation of loan loss provisioning monthly.
5. Assist in managing both internal and external audit process.
6. Assist in system implementation projects as and when required.
7. Responsible for preparation of financial statements in line with International Financial Reporting Standards.
8. Responsible for managing Operational risk losses reporting.
9. Responsible for managing Service Level Agreements between Finance department and other departments within the Bank.
10. Assist in preparation of financial reports and presentations to meet the Listing requirements.
11. Assist in managing due diligence processes for the purposes of raising equity or debt for the Bank.
12. Initiate and support the implementation of any enhancements to the SAP and/or Finacle systems from a financial cycle perspective, to improve the efficiency of processes, effectiveness of systems and controls and the usefulness of financial information for making informed decisions.
13. Ensure a continuous improvement to financial processes through appropriate scoping, identifying required upgrades and ensuring properly managed enhancement as may be required by the needs of specific projects throughout the Bank e.g., reporting systems to fit Bank products.
14. Working alongside the Core Banking ERP systems Consultants to ensure that accounting controls within the system are working well, that all users are trained, putting in place procedures to overcome routine problems and to ensure the ongoing integrity and unbroken flow of required data within the system.
15. Responsible for reviewing the reconciliations of sub ledgers to the General ledger for payroll, other receivables and other liabilities transactions and related provisions ageing reports where applicable.
16. Responsible for reviewing the recording of daily transactions by all Associates relating to operating expenses and fixed assets.
17. Responsible for reviewing validity and correctness of payments daily.
18. Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
|QUALIFICATION AND SKILL
1. Good first degree in a relevant field and a professional accounting qualification preferably CA Qualification is required. A relevant post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
2. Sound experience of at least 3 years within the Banking or financial services industry and demonstrable knowledge of IFRS and related accounting rules.
3. Experience with the Big Four Audit firms is a must.
4. Demonstrable knowledge and experience of working with Core Banking ERP Systems is a must. Experience in project implementation of ERP systems will be an added advantage.
5. Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or French. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage.
7. Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required to achieve the Bank’s objectives.
8. Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
2. Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
3. Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Banking & Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.