Senior Professional, Financial Institutions and Markets (Financial Institutions and Syndication Specialist) [Shanghai]
POSTED BY: New Development Bank (BRICS)
Date Published:17 March 2022
Date of Expiration:13 September 2022 EXPIRED
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| China | SHANGHAI in China
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|Opening on: March 01 , 2022 at 05:00pm (China Standard Time)
Closing on: March 22, 2022 at 05:00pm (China Standard Time)
Based in: Shanghai, China
Target Market: Global recruitment
Reporting to the Chief, Financial Institutions and Markets, the Financial Institutions and Syndication specialist will be responsible for developing and growing a diversified base of new investors and identify prospective new sources of capital mobilization and support syndication efforts of the New Development Bank (NDB), including market research, development of syndication strategies and bookrunning of transactions and preparation and processing of operations with financial institutions by the NDB.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
1. The Financial Institutions and Syndication specialist is expected to work closely with other relevant NDB departments, assist Management in preparing strategies for building the investment pipeline and assist in implementing these strategies.
2. Leading project teams and training and developing junior team members will be an important responsibility.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
1. Screen, identify, and develop potential opportunities for the development of financial solutions, syndication, and mobilization of resources for investments in sustainable infrastructure.
2. Support syndication efforts of the NDB, including market research and soundings, development of marketing materials and syndication strategies, and bookrunning of transactions;
3. Prepare and process investment projects with Financial Institutions and/or Fund managers, including by leading and supporting due diligence and approval processes, with emphasis on ensuring key economic, financial, technical, and legal issues are considered and mitigants incorporated in the financing structure and legal documents;
4. Contribute to establishing, developing, and maintaining strong relationships with international, regional and local commercial banks, export credit agencies, insurance companies, multilateral financial institutions, institutional investors, and other existing/potential B Loan participants and parallel lenders;
5. Develop and grow a diversified base of new investors and identify prospective new sources of capital mobilization and expand relationships with existing investors;
6. Oversee the pricing and documentary aspects of different potential financial products, including guarantee products, funded and unfunded risk participations;
7. Navigate approvals, leading discussions with key internal stakeholders and decision makers, ensuring complex projects are advancing through the approval process;
8. Participate in internal Bank coordination through information exchanges and teamwork with relevant divisions of the Bank;
9. Work closely with the portfolio monitoring team, developing a framework for monitoring financial performance and development impact of transactions;
10. Support the Financial Institutions and Markets Division to achieve its targets and objectives.
11. Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
1. Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience in the field of corporate/project finance syndication gained in commercial/investment banks, ECAs, international credit insurance companies/broking firms and/or international financial institutions, with at least 3 years of international experience.
2. Understanding of international capital markets, especially commercial banks, credit guarantees/insurance, and financial products, including loans, swaps and CDS;
3. Experience and demonstrated knowledge with financial institutions and in structuring comprehensive solutions across financial products using debt, private equity and funds, and/or capital market instruments;
4. Experience in capital mobilization, investors relation, including market research, development of syndication strategies and bookrunning of transactions;
5. Proven track record in developing client relationships;
6. Thorough understanding of financial modelling and projections and experience using available research tools including Dealogic–Loan Analytics, Bloomberg and market publications, and bookrunning platforms such as Debtdomain, Intralinks and Syndtrak.
7. Proven project lead/management skills; able to identify, engage and work with different stakeholders across private and public sectors, such as issuers, institutional investors, regulators, banks and other financial intermediaries;
8. Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, with ability to communicate complex concepts and prepare reports that are clear, concise, and meaningful for different audiences;
9. Knowledge of a language(s) of NDB member countries would be an advantage;
10. Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills, and commitment to work in a respectful, team-oriented and multi-cultural environment;
11. Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to assess and synthesize findings and relevant inputs for the preparation of high-quality transactions;
12. Ability to deliver high quality work within deadlines to meet team objectives;
13. Excellent understanding of relevant systems, processes, and policies; and
14. Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
15. Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field (economics, finance, business, engineering) from a reputed university. Relevant certification(s) from globally recognized certification agencies in the related field would be preferred, such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA.
HOW TO APPLY
Please be sure to fill out all sections in English, without using ALL capital letters.
Please upload a resume/CV in English and do not upload a Resume/CV which has more than 10 pages.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the application form given below. In case you face any technical difficulty in submitting the application form, please email your detailed Curriculum Vitae only in English and Word format along with the required information (Date of Birth, Nationality, Gender, Information on relatives working or associated with NDB, if any, etc.) to email@example.com. Please mention the Position Title you are applying for in the subject of the email.