|Opening on: March 2, 2022 at 05:00pm (China Standard Time)
Closing on: March 23, 2022 at 05:00pm (China Standard Time)
Based in: Shanghai, China
Target Market: Global recruitment
The New Development Bank (“NDB”) provides opportunities to qualified and motivated young professionals to develop their professional skills and expertise in a dynamic multicultural environment, and is inviting applications for the positions of Young Professional and Junior Professional, which are the entry-level positions for professional staff.
Based on the business needs of NDB, as well as the assessment on the competencies of the highly qualified and motivated candidates, the successful candidates will be assigned to a specific Department/Division of NDB, and the grade will be determined at the end of the recruitment process. Young Professionals and Junior Professionals are full-time regular staff and will have a four-year employment contract with NDB. NDB offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of its internationally diverse workforce.
Diversity is one of the NDB’s core values. The NDB is committed to making reasonable efforts to ensure the success of diversity and its corresponding objectives. The NDB encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the NDB member countries to apply, regardless of their race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, and marital status.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
1. Under the leadership and guidance of the Chief, Infrastructure, and other experienced professionals, who will be assigned as mentors, the Young Professional will contribute to all phases of the project cycle, including project structuring, execution, implementation and monitoring.
2. The Young Professional will take responsibility for the tasks assigned to him/her by the project team leader or more senior professionals in the project team, which may include undertaking comprehensive due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and NDB’s policies related, as well as effective post-signing implementation and monitoring.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
Structure and execute the investment projects in various infrastructure sectors:
1. Work as a project team member on transactions, contributing to all aspects of project structuring and execution, including comprehensive research and analysis of background materials, market information and financial performance data; analyse and evaluate potential risks related to the proposed project, including analysis of financial statements, preparing and updating financial models and financial projections;
2. As may be requested, assist with communication with other internal units of the Bank, clients and other stakeholders, at the operational level, such as preparing draft correspondence, presentations, and following up on internal emails;
3. Ensure that all tasks assigned are completed within the specified time frames to a high quality and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the Bank.
Monitor project implementation (until first disbursement):
1. As requested by the project team leader, undertake assigned tasks relating to the implementation and monitoring of projects to which the Young Professional is assigned as part of the project team, including compliance with project agreements and Bank procedures related to disbursement, monitoring of progress of the project and financial performance of the client, assessing evolving risk factors and monitoring and assessing covenant compliance;
2. As requested by the project team leader or more senior member of the project team, prepare timely and comprehensive draft monitoring reports and include recommendations for corrective actions where required and ensure these corrective actions and recommendations are brought to the attention of more senior team members.
Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
|1. Minimum of 3 years of relevant full-time professional experience (excludes summer/winter jobs, internship, traineeship, articleship, etc.)
2. Relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
3. Exposure to infrastructure is desirable, to include inter alia understanding of the sector specifics, and regulation.
4. Experience in working in the member countries of the Bank.
5. Quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and to design and use financial models.
6. Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
7. Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
8. Good understanding of relevant systems and processes.
9. Ability to work effectively as a team member and to deadlines and under time pressure.
10. Good written and oral communication skills in English.
11. Fluent in one of the NDB member countries languages.
12. Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field from a reputed university. Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable.