Junior Professional/Young Professional, Internal Audit [Shanghai]
POSTED BY: New Development Bank (BRICS)
Date Published:21 March 2022
Date of Expiration:17 September 2022 EXPIRED
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| China | SHANGHAI in China
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|Opening on: March 2, 2022 at 05:00pm (China Standard Time)
Closing on: March 23, 2022 at 05:00pm (China Standard Time)
Based in: Shanghai, China
Target Market: Global recruitment
The New Development Bank (“NDB”) provides opportunities to qualified and motivated young professionals to develop their professional skills and expertise in a dynamic multicultural environment, and is inviting applications for the positions of Young Professional and Junior Professional, which are the entry-level positions for professional staff.
Based on the business needs of NDB, as well as the assessment on the competencies of the highly qualified and motivated candidates, the successful candidates will be assigned to a specific Department/Division of NDB, and the grade will be determined at the end of the recruitment process. Young Professionals and Junior Professionals are full-time regular staff and will have a four-year employment contract with NDB. NDB offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of its internationally diverse workforce.
Diversity is one of the NDB’s core values. The NDB is committed to making reasonable efforts to ensure the success of diversity and its corresponding objectives. The NDB encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the NDB member countries to apply, regardless of their race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, and marital status.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the leadership and guidance of the Director General and Chief in the Internal Audit Department, and other experienced professionals, who will be assigned as mentors, the Junior Professional/Young Professional will multitask and gain valuable on-the-job experience and work in:
1. Conducting audits and non-assurance reviews as per the approved audit plan and internal audit policy with the objective of o adopting a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the Bank’s risk management, internal controls and corporate governance processes; and
1) providing recommendations as part of the audits/reviews, to safeguard the Bank’s business and operations against frauds and policy violations, to maximize the Bank’s operational efficiencies.
2. Documenting and updating work papers, evidence on Teammate.
3. Co-ordinating with and/or assisting outsourced auditors.
4. Assisting with researching best practices as per IIA and MFI’s.
5. Tracking, follow up & reporting status for action plans and recommendations as part of audits.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
1. Support the revision of the internal audit charter and policy, drafting annual audit plan, audit operating procedures(guidelines) for conducting audits across functions.
2. Support in Designing and revising templates to conduct an effective audit/review across functions
3. Support the audit risk assessment and preparation of the risk-based audit plan.
4. Conduct the internal audit as per the annual plan individually or support it through a third party.
5. Identify and report process gaps or control weakness and provide audit recommendation for control/ process improvement.
6. Prepare timely audit reports, providing a clear articulation of residual risks reporting upon issues of control design and control effectiveness, for consideration of the Board and management.
7. Monitor, follow-up, and report on the status of implementation of recommendations resulting from audit findings.
8. Identify and implement the new audit standards/industry trends/audit methodologies to continuously improve the Bank’s internal audit practices and provide regular inputs to the department and other stakeholders.
9. Support the Internal Audit Department’s quality assurance and improvement program, to evaluate conformance of the Bank’s internal audit activities to the Internal Audit Charter, Policy, Guidelines and the IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
10. Liaise with external auditors when required, coordinating their access to relevant audit information and provide necessary documents in line with the Bank’s policies.
11. Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
|1. For Young Professional: minimum of 3 years of relevant full-time professional experience (excludes summer/winter jobs, internship, traineeship, articleship, etc.).
2. For Junior Professionals: minimum 1 year of relevant full-time professional experience is preferred. The relevant full-time professional experience excludes summer/winter jobs, internship, traineeship, articleship, etc. Candidates with less than one-year full-time professional experience, and fresh graduates who have obtained the education degrees, as required by NDB, may also be considered.
3. Understands Banking, has knowledge of operations, policies and procedures in the banking and financial services industry and expertise in internal controls, risk management and audit techniques and frameworks.
4. Familiarity with regulations and international best practices. The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)’s International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
5. Audit working experience in a multilateral development bank (MDB), or a supreme audit institution (SAI), or a regulated private/public sector financial institution, or an international accounting firm are preferred.
6. Communication and interpersonal skills. Problem-solving, skills, including ability to communicate in a clear, succinct and professional manner, in both written reports and oral/visual presentations.
7. Skills to plan, manage and execute internal audit programs.
8. Experience in a multi-cultural work environment fostering a climate of teamwork and collaboration.
9. Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field from a reputed university or a professionally qualified accountant such as chartered accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) are preferred.