Finance Officer [Beijing]
POSTED BY: Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
Date Published:24 May 2023
Date of Expiration:20 November 2023 EXPIRED
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| China | BEIJING in China
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|Ref. Number 23114
Position Finance Officer [Beijing]
Minimum 5-8 years of experience
Department/Division Office of the Controller
Job Type Global Recruitment
Posting Date May 17, 2023
Closing Date Jun 07, 2023
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized at USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Collaborating with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
1. The Finance Officer position within the Office of the Controller (CTL) is responsible for supporting the New Products Working Group (NPWG) secretariat. The NPWG is a cross-departmental working group that reviews and recommends the introduction of new products by the Bank. The working group is responsible for identifying, assessing, and mitigating operational risk exposures related to the introduction of new products.
2. The Finance Officer, as such, would play a key role in the development and operationalization of new products offered by the Bank.
3. The position will also be responsible for many other department-wide initiatives that require intra and inter-departmental coordination, such as coordination on systems deployment, process changes, etc.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
1. Manage the day-to-day affairs of the NPWG, supporting the Chair in coordinating the new product process with relevant stakeholders across multiple departments.
2. Working closely with the NPWG,
1) Identify operational gaps and other key risks from new products and propose mitigating solutions, including defining clear roles and responsibilities.
2) Review institutional capacity requirements, including manpower and system readiness, to support new products.
3) maintain quality control over new product document submissions
3. Coordinate the submission, review, and approval of new product applications, ensuring NPWG focal points abide by the new product project timelines.
4. Help prioritize new products and address resourcing and system requirements through relevant channels.
5. Disseminate information on new products timely and regularly to all stakeholders.
6. Fulfill any other responsibilities as assigned.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
|1. Minimum 5 - 8 years of relevant experience with a multilateral development bank and/or a large-scale financial institution.
2. Strategic problem solver with good working knowledge of diverse financial products and markets, including equities, fixed income, and structured products.
3. Analytical-minded with strong coordination and people skills.
4. Experience in product development, project management, and/or financial operations is desirable.
5. Self-starter who can work independently and can adapt to fast-changing environment and business needs.
6. Proficient in technical writing, with strong presentation skills.
7. Ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines.
8. Team player with strong communication skills.
9. Master’s degree, preferably in banking, finance, or other relevant field.
10. CFA or CPA certification is a plus.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 11:59 p.m. (GMT+8) on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.