Trade Finance Officer (807) [Nairobi]
POSTED BY: Trading and Development Bank
Date Published:25 May 2023
Date of Expiration:24 July 2023 EXPIRED
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| Kenya | NAIROBI in Kenya
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|Requisition ID 807
The Trade Finance Officer is responsible for identification of trade finance proposals, credit evaluation, risk management and mitigation, recommendation on structuring of appropriate facilities in adherence to institutional risk/ return requirements; support the Portfolio Management Department with monitoring the performance of the portfolio and marketing the Bank’s conventional/ structured trade finance products.
The Trade Finance Officer performs the following duties:
1. Identify and structure suitable transactions/clients and identify suitable counterparties (collateral managers, trade finance insurers etc.) and financing partners/agent banks in case of syndication / co-financing;
2. Financial analysis and due diligence on all transactions to ensure quality control;
3. Prepare and analyse credit proposals for trade finance facilities for funding by the Bank;
4. Establish and maintain strategic relations with clients at senior management level of the Bank’s existing and prospective partners and stakeholders;
5. Produce periodic technical and financial progress reports on trade finance facilities under their supervision;
6. Seek new business opportunities in the region to ensure a good pipeline of transactions is achieved;
7. Undertake product development and marketing initiatives and develop client base using contacts, experience and relationships to pursue trade finance opportunities;
8. Prepare board papers, ALCO reports, and partake as a member of committees/taskforce.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
|QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
1. A Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Finance, or Economics with relevant professional qualifications as added advantage;
2. A minimum of 5-8 years of professional experience and proven track record in a Commercial / Development Banking or Financial institution environment with sound knowledge of Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Products;
3. Robust knowledge of the regulatory environment in the Bank’s operating region as it relates to Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Products with excellent knowledge of professional and industry standards;
4. Strong accounting and financial analysis skills.
5. Results oriented individual with excellent written and communication skills with proven ability to rapidly produce quality reports and ability to work in a multicultural setting.
6. Proven organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to build partnerships, work in multinational teams, deliver results and management client relationships.
7. Proficiency in the use of computer programs including MS Office applications.
8. Fluency in English is a requirement and further fluency in French or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
Application package should include a cover letter, resume, academic and professional certificates, full contact address, and three reference names and addresses. Candidates who previously applied for this position do not need to reapply. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications by 6th June 2023 through TDB Career Website
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further. TDB Group is an equal opportunities employer.