|Ref. Number 23115
Position Principal Investment Operations Specialist – Transport [Beijing]
Minimum 15 years of experience
Department/Division Infrastructure Investment Department Region 2
Job Type Global Recruitment
Posting Date May 24, 2023
Closing Date Jun 14, 2023
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized at USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Collaborating with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB’s Investment Operations are composed of two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes technical specialists and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa, and Latin America.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
1. The Principal Investment Operations Specialist – Transport will lead AIIB’s lending program by supporting the identification, preparation, implementation, and supervision of transport investment projects.
2. The Principal Specialist will be responsible for understanding and responding to the transport sector challenges and opportunities in Region 2 countries in all transport subsectors.
3. The Principal Specialist should have working experience through investment operations or sectoral work in the road sector, urban transport sector, railway sector, maritime sector, air navigation sector, logistics among others.
4. They must be a recognized technical lead in the transport field. Furthermore, they must have experience in leading teams, working with peers, and have leadership qualities that can be verified by their experience.
1. Identify, structure, and execute investment opportunities in transport related projects.
2. Maintain a strong investment pipeline by interacting with prospective clients - sponsors, banks, investors, and development partners.
3. Lead investment teams of technical, legal, fiduciary and safeguard specialists to conduct the due diligence of investment proposals.
4. Manage key internal stakeholders and the AIIB investment approval process, ensuring that investments comply with AIIB’s policies and strategies.
5. Cooperate with co-financiers on co-financing projects and lead AIIB teams to conduct necessary due diligence for those projects.
6. Work as a team player, including supporting management in achieving its targets and objectives.
7. Lead the transport team, and wider sectoral teams if required, in meeting its targets and objectives and provide guidance for team members in technical and operational matters.
8. Manage the business development in specific AIIB Members and regions assigned to obtain a healthy pipeline of transport projects.
9. Provide quality technical contributions required for all the transport subsectors in line with AIIB business needs.
10. Track the evolution of the sector, including active representation at selected sectorial events, and liaise closely with peer institutions and international organizations on transport policy/sector questions.
11. Lead, supervise and support reporting staff, and provide guidance to junior staff.
|1. Minimum relevant work experience of 15 years in the transport sector, preferably in Asia.
2. Strong knowledge of transport sector operations, particularly in capacity-constrained countries an advantage, as documented by several years of work experience in the various subsectors, especially railways, and urban and multimodal transport. Experience in working with multilateral development banks is a must.
3. Experience leading teams and or demonstrated potential qualities for leadership.
4. Strong organizational and project management skills to perform day-to-day management of a large and complex project portfolio.
5. Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
6. Master's degree, or equivalent, in transport engineering, transport economics, civil engineering, economics or other related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 11:59 p.m. (GMT+8) on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.