|Closing Date 2023/06/07
Reference Number LAN230515-1
Job Title Business Manager: Office of the CEO [Centurion]
Division Office of the CEO
Unit Office of the Executive Manager
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Country South Africa
Location - Province Gauteng
Location - Town / City Centurion
JOB ADVERT SUMMARY
The Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa (Land Bank) is South Africa’s only specialist agricultural bank established in 1912, the bank’s sole objective is to serve South African commercial and emerging farmers and bring specially designed financial services within their reach. These services enable farmers to finance land, equipment, improve assets and obtain production credit. The Land Bank provides financial services that have moved with the times and continues to provide services to agri-business and constantly reviews its offerings to ensure that they match the needs of an industry. As change has swept across the sector in South Africa the socio-economic makeup of agriculture has altered, bringing new entrants from historically disadvantaged backgrounds on to the land, these new farmers, facing the challenges of establishing sustainable agri-businesses across the agricultural value chain, Land Bank has been a commercial lifeline offering appropriately designed financial products that facilitate personal and commercial viability in a sector that is vital to the sustainability of South Africa and its people
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
1. The purpose of this position is to assist the Chief Executive Officer in leading and directing the Bank through the project management of various strategic initiatives and operations management interventions to achieve effective and efficient application of corporate resources.
2. To support the Chief Executive Officer to direct and control the office activities with particular emphasis on Strategic Management, Operational and Administrative functions.
3. To review and validate organisational requests prior to sending to the Chief Executive Officer to determine relevance as aligned to the strategic direction of the organisation.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Project Management of Strategic Interventions
In liaison with the Chief Executive Officer manage various strategic initiatives and projects on behalf of the Office of the CEO. These include amongst others the following:
1. Assist with the coordination of the development and implementation of the Corporate plan through planning and project management of required activities and inputs from executives
2. Preparation and monitoring of the CEO Balanced Scorecard.
3. Advise Exco management team to implement key strategies, projects and initiatives for the Bank.
4. Undertake project/programme management initiatives as directed by the CEO
5. Review the organisations Strategic Risk register as prepared by Risk Management and keep CEO up to date on lack of progress on identified risk areas and on emerging risks
6. Attend and support relevant committees
7. When required, serve at various committee meetings on behalf of the CEO
Office Management and Strategic Resource Planning and Utilisation
Proactively manage the CEO’s Office with specific reference to the following:
1. Coordinate and manage the development of the Office budget – short and long term and ensure alignment to the business plan and balanced scorecard
2. Liaise and consult with the CEO’s PA on a continuous basis to ensure effective flow of documents/work and office procedures
3. Procurement of professional services on behalf of CEO by preparing the relevant documents in accordance with policy
4. Support the management of all external service provider arrangements/agreements on behalf of the CEO
5. Brief and prepare the CEO in advance of meetings.
6. Analyse and interpret data and/or reports to advice the CEO on appropriate way forward.
7. Managing the administration of the CEO’s Office
8. Act as the Office’s Risk champion. Co-ordination of all aspects related to business continuity and Enterprise Risk Management. Follow-up on Audit and Risk matters of the Office
9. Works closely with Executives in order to evaluate resources (human, physical, technological, financial resources, time) deployments and decisions.
10. Provides advice on possible adjustment regarding resource planning and allocation to keep such resources focused on high-priority projects (such as human, equipment, financial, resources.)
Documentation and Reporting
Coordinate and/or prepares concept documents, reports, memos, letters and presentations on behalf of the CEO as and when required.
1. Preparing CEO’s various submissions to Board, Sub Committees of Board and other initiatives.
2. Tracking of all Board and Sub-Committee of Board resolutions and action items arising from the various meetings and ensure follow through actions to implement such.
3. Following up on action items and ensuring that all actions are done by the agreed deadline
Providing inputs on documents when directed by the CEO:
1. Work with Corporate Secretariat to co-ordinate the submissions to the various committees on behalf of the CEO.
2. Coordinate and assist in the preparation of CEO’s submissions to Corporate Exco, Business Review, Board and Sub-Committee of Boards.
3. Coordinate and assist in the preparation of submissions/reports to various meetings/initiatives as required by the CEO.