|Requisition ID 1355
Closing on: July 4, 2023 at 11:59pm (China Standard Time)
Based in: Shanghai, China
Target Market: Global recruitment
PURPOSE OF ROLE
1. Reporting to the Director General of the Private Sector and Non-Sovereign Guaranteed Transactions Department, this position will be responsible for transactions with financial institutions, with or without sovereign guarantees, and for mobilizing resources from the markets and from bilateral and multilateral sources.
2. The incumbent is expected to utilize a broad range of financial instruments, including but not limited to long-term senior debt financing, mezzanine debt, subordinated debt, guarantees, and equity contributions.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
1. Develop a strong pipeline of projects within the scope of the Division.
2. Mobilize resources in the market for the Bank’s clients, leveraging the Bank’s platform.
3. Identify development partners for a diversified category of financial instruments.
4. Manage the Bank’s loan syndications, coordinate and manage discussions with potential participants for the Bank’s B-loan modality.
5. Conduct rigorous due diligences and appraisals for each financing, with inputs from other departments and divisions within their respective areas of responsibility and accountability. Assess financial and other risks for each transaction and provide measures to mitigate these risks.
6. Conduct missions, in collaboration with representatives from Regional Offices and Centers for preparation, appraisal, and negotiation. Engage at least one staff from Regional Offices and Centers for appraisal missions for the purpose of efficient transition from project processing stage to implementation stage.
7. Share project information transparently with other departments and divisions for their relevant inputs, and engage staff from other departments and divisions in project missions, based on the technical and operational needs of the project.
8. Identify and incorporate lessons learned from transactions, in collaboration with Project Portfolio Management Department and Regional Offices and Centers.
9. Prepare operation related documents including concept note, document to the board, etc, with consistent templates and standards of quality and structure.
10. Liaise with environment, social, governance and procurement teams on the related issues during the appraisal process, acting on a risk-based approach, as determined by the ESG Department.
11. In the design and preparation stage of an operation, maximize NDB’s value addition to each operation with rigorous analysis to take advantage of NDB’s platform, resources and expertise.
12. Support Regional Offices and Centers in business strategy development.
13. Support the Regional Offices and Centers in project origination and implementation monitoring of non-sovereign guarantee transactions within its scope, including by participating in origination and supervision missions, and collaborate with Regional Offices and Centers in building lessons for improving the preparation of future operations.
14. Coordinate with Regional Offices and Centers and provide support for efficient transition of each operation from processing stage to implementation monitoring stage.
15. Respond to client’s needs and requests timely, based on analysis and internal discussions with inputs from relevant departments and divisions if needed.
16. Prepare project related reports when requested by the Management.
17. Flag critical issues timely from project team to the Management for attention and action if needed.
18. Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
|1. Minimum of 12 years of relevant professional experience in a multilateral development bank or equivalent or preferably from regulated large public/private sector financial institutions with proven hands-on experience in the areas of project financing in private sectors, particularly involving transactions with financial institutions and mobilizing resources from the markets and from bilateral and multilateral sources.
2. Knowledge of FI and financial markets landscape and strong financial analysis of projects in non-sovereign area is a pre-requisite. The candidate is expected to have proven abilities to lead teams in the field.
3. In-depth practical knowledge of banking industry, project financing, valuation and evaluation, technical analysis, financial analysis in infrastructure and sustainable development projects.
4. Proven experience in managing and leading a large number of project appraisals in the sectoral and regional programs in infrastructure sector, including strong skills in solving problems and addressing risks.
5. Relevant experience in a multi-cultural work environment fostering a climate of team work and collaboration.
6. Exceptional strategic thinking, leading change, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills with high resilience and drive in achieving objectives and goals. Highly motivated for innovation and learning.
7. Readiness to undertake and lead project appraisals in the field if so required.
8. Master’s Degree or equivalent or a qualified professional accountant.