|Ref. Number 23122
Position Investment Operations Specialist – Health [Beijing]
Minimum 5-8 years of experience
Department/Division Social Infrastructure Department
Job Type Global Recruitment
Posting Date Jun 14, 2023
Closing Date Sep 11, 2023
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized at USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Collaborating with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB’s Investment Operations comprise two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (excluding Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa, and Latin America.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
1. The Social Infrastructure Department (SID), which covers both regions, is responsible for investment operations in social sectors to help expand the human capital potential in social areas. Aligned with AIIB’s Corporate Strategy, SID places a high priority on providing client-driven solutions for the digital and technological transformation of social infrastructure including health and education.
2. Mobilization of private capital is also important to leverage the Bank’s financial resources. AIIB is scaling up its support to social sector investment programs in its members and is looking for the Health Specialist to develop, process and implement of health projects.
1. Project development – together with other members of SID, conduct upstream project development work to build the investment pipeline in the health and education sectors both for sovereign- and non-sovereign-backed financing.
2. Project processing – lead and carry out project due diligence for approval of management and Board.
3. Project implementation – work closely with implementing agencies and other stakeholders to ensure that the project outcomes and outputs are achieved in a timely manner in line with the project’s result and monitoring program.
4. Policy review and dialogue – support the project team leaders to conduct policy dialogue with policymakers, other multilateral development banks, and health-related stakeholders.
5. Develop partnerships with external stakeholders, including other multilateral development banks, health-related national and international agencies, policy institutions and think tanks, to advance AIIB’s healthcare knowledge and investments.
6. Conduct research and analytical work on the health sector to support the Bank’s investment operations.
7. Other assignments to support the team.
|1. Minimum 5-8 years of relevant professional experience.
2. Work experience in a multilateral development bank (MDB) will be an advantage.
3. MDB project experience in loan and technical assistance processing and implementation is preferred.
4. Advisory experience in health PPPs and/or policy work in health systems and financing will be favorably considered.
5. A proven track record for delivering high-quality work with accountability, and an ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
6. Able to work well in a multicultural environment.
7. Demonstrated willingness to seek out and acquire new knowledge to contribute to their work program.
8. Able to communicate and present information and ideas clearly and effectively.
9. Fluency in English, both written and oral, is essential.
10. Mater's degree in a relevant field such as health economics or another health-focused subject.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 11:59 p.m. (GMT+8) on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.