Principal, Resource Mobilization Officer [Beijing]
POSTED BY: Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
Date Published:15 June 2023
Date of Expiration:12 December 2023 EXPIRED
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| China | BEIJING in China
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|Ref. Number 23123
Position Principal, Resource Mobilization Officer [Beijing]
Minimum 15 years of experience
Department/Division Operational Partnership Department
Job Type Global Recruitment
Posting Date Jun 15, 2023
Closing Date Jul 06, 2023
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and rated AAA by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
As part of the Vice Presidency, Policy and Strategy, the Operational Partnership Department (OPD) is responsible for managing and coordinating the operational partnerships between AIIB and relevant multilateral organizations, fora and stakeholders, administering the Bank’s Special Fund resources including performing the role of Implementing Partner of selected partnership facilities, as well as managing the Bank’s engagement with regional co-ordination mechanisms, with the objective of building relationships that can mobilize additional effort and resources for AIIB’s investment operations.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
1. The Resource Mobilization (RM) Team under the Principal Resource Mobilization Officer, is in charge of designing and executing tailored resource mobilization strategies in support to AIIB geographic and sectoral priorities, including climate mitigation and adaptation, nature-based solutions, digital infrastructure and cross border connectivity.
2. Working closely with bilateral and multilateral donors, philanthropies, private sector donors, and International Financing Institutions (IFIs), the RM team is also in charge of developing innovative financing products & solutions to tap into concessional, blended and impact capital at scale, for deploying in private and public sector operations.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES include (but are not limited to):
1. Reporting directly to the Director General, Operational Partnership Department, Build and manage OPD’s resource mobilization team in support of AIIB geographic and sector priorities in private and public sector investments, in line with the Bank’s corporate strategy.
2. Act as a source of expertise and consultation for AIIB Senior Leadership on trends and issues related to resource mobilization, concessional, blended and impact capital.
3. Develop and execute tailored resource mobilization strategies in sectors and regions of strategic priority for the AIIB, including but not limited to Climate, Physical ad Digital Infrastructure and Cross Border Connectivity in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
4. Working closely with OPD’s Institutional Engagement and Special Funds teams, develop integrated resource mobilization solutions to advance AIIB’s corporate strategy.
5. Support the Director General, and AIIB Senior Leadership in representing the Bank in multilateral global and regional cooperation fora and meetings.
6. Conduct any other tasks assigned by the Director General, OPD.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
|1. Minimum 15 years of relevant working experience in resource mobilization strategies for concessional financing for sectors and geographies relevant for the AIIB, including but not limited to climate, digital and physical infrastructure, and cross border connectivity.
2. Direct experience working and dealing with International Financing Institutions, including Multilateral Development Banks, Development Financing Institutions (DFIs) and Issue specific Multilateral Funds.
3. Knowledge of philanthropic and impact investment ecosystem is a plus.
4. Proven track record in setting up and executing innovative financial products, mechanisms, and platforms to mobilize and channel financing
5. Ability to provide practical application of policy, financing, technical and operational knowledge to complete difficult assignments.
6. Superior client orientation, and able to work with all levels of staff, management, clients, and partners; adept at identifying, coordinating and discussing program/project level issues with the Bank’s various departments and management.
7. Effective interpersonal, communication, and diplomatic skills, including the ability to work with, and relate to, a wide range of stakeholder-donors, clients, and staff.
8. Proven track record in building and managing mission driven teams, working efficiently, under time pressure and in a multicultural environment.
9. Excellent proficiency of professional writing and speaking of English. Should be comfortable to communicate and work in an international and culturally diverse environment.
10. A strong team player with a proactive attitude and able to work independently.
11. Minimum Master’s degree in finance, business, economics, international relations, public policy, or related fields from a reputable university.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 11:59 p.m. (GMT+8) on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.