|Closing Date 2023/06/22
Reference Number LAN230614-1
Job Title Senior Specialist: Supply Chain Management [Centurion]
Division Finance and Treasury and IT
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Country South Africa
Location - Province Gauteng
Location - Town / City Centurion
JOB ADVERT SUMMARY
The Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa (Land Bank) is South Africa’s only specialist agricultural bank established in 1912, the bank’s sole objective is to serve South African commercial and emerging farmers and bring specially designed financial services within their reach. These services enable farmers to finance land, equipment, improve assets and obtain production credit. The Land Bank provides financial services that have moved with the times and continues to provide services to agri-business and constantly reviews its offerings to ensure that they match the needs of an industry. As change has swept across the sector in South Africa the socio-economic makeup of agriculture has altered, bringing new entrants from historically disadvantaged backgrounds on to the land, these new farmers, facing the challenges of establishing sustainable agri-businesses across the agricultural value chain, Land Bank has been a commercial lifeline offering appropriately designed financial products that facilitate personal and commercial viability in a sector that is vital to the sustainability of South Africa and its people.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To procure goods and services in a fair, equitable, transparent, competitive and cost-effective manner in line with the Bank’s Procurement Policies and Procedures and relevant legislation.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Procure Goods and Services (Tenders)
2. Advise business on process and best practice
3. Assist business with the resolution of any queries
4. Assist suppliers with the resolution of queries
5. Set-up and coordinate meetings with business and suppliers.
Maintain Customer Relationships
1. Identify the relevant role players in accordance with business requirements and dependencies
2. Set-up meetings with the role players to discuss the roles and responsibilities and possible areas of cooperation, improvement and conflict
3. Obtain mutual agreement on the resolution of issues, meetings required and the delivery of inter-dependent outputs and results
4. Agree to the expected outcomes from each party.
1. Perform adhoc tasks as and when required
2. Stand-in for Senior Specialist: Contracts Management when required.
1. Draft, Manage and Maintain all required reports and documentation in line with policy and procedures
2. Ensure that all documentation is managed and maintained within allocated timeframes
3. Ensure that documentation is complete and readily available for audit purposes
4. Draft comprehensive tender reports as final record of the tender process.
Procurement Committee Administration
1. Set-up committee meetings
2. Ensure that all compliance documentation is in place
3. Compile committee documents and packs
4. Follow-up on action items from committee meetings
5. Obtain signatures on all items approved