Governance & Compliance Administrator [Midrand]
POSTED BY: Development Bank of Southern Africa
Date Published:09 August 2023
Date of Expiration:05 February 2024
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| South Africa | MIDRAND in South Africa
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|Closing Date 2023/08/18
Reference Number DBS230808-1
Job Title Governance & Compliance Administrator [Midrand]
Job Grade 12
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Town / City Midrand
Location - Province Gauteng
Location - Country South Africa
1. Provide administration support for all governance and compliance functions to ensure effective and timeous support to SCM Operations.
2. Distribute governance and compliance updates through the various communication channels and update the information sharing platforms.
1. Prepare requisitions for stationery, printing of training packs and catering requirements as required by committees.
2. Distribute governance and compliance training packs and other material used to create awareness on governance and compliance frameworks, policies and processes.
3. Provide administration support for the planning of change management and training initiatives for the department.
4. Liaise with external training providers on the schedules and bookings of training programmes.
5. Format all governance and compliance documents, including letters, reports and submissions to Committees, as well as proofreading and correcting the documents as prepared for grammar and spelling.
6. Liaise with departments on audit queries and compile responses provided for further review and reporting.
7. Keep the risk register and governance templates and forms up to date and distribute updates timeously.
8. Maintain and capture records by filing, scanning and recording documents using the applicable records management systems.
1. Collate and compile monthly and quarterly risk and compliance reports.
2. Assist in managing timelines on reporting and submissions to executive committees.
3. Extract relevant reports, collate data and distribute.
Key measurements of outputs
1. Accuracy and quality meeting packs and minutes
2. Timeous distribution of all committee documents and training packs
3. Quality of updates to governance and compliance templates
4. Accurate reporting
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
|EXPERTISE & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
1. Diploma in Administration or an equivalent qualification
2. A minimum of 3 years administration and/or secretarial working experience.
3. Experience in working with SCM compliance/governance committees is essential
4. Experience in a financial services environment will be an advantage
1. Identifies optimal solutions based on weighing the advantages and disadvantages of alternative approaches.
2. After implementation, evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of solutions.
1. Reviews all relevant information or aspects of a situation before taking action or making a decision.
2. Pays close attention to details that are important to others to make sure they are right.
3. Verifies that work has been completed according to the standards and procedures.
Planning and Organising
1. Uses time management procedures effectively.
2. Can exercise independent judgement regarding all planning and organising issues.
3. Uses specialised software to plan and manage own time.
4. Plans and manages multiple priorities and deadlines.
1. Prepares standard reports on relevant subjects with guidance.
2. Collates and conducts simple analyses of data for inclusion in a report.
1. Technically experienced and fully competent writer: can write independently various technical and non-technical documents.
2. Uses a clear and easily understood writing styles when communicating technical information to non-technical employees or individuals.
REQUIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
1. Delivers work on time to a high quality and follows through on agreed commitments.
2. Views new work experiences as an opportunity for growth.
3. Reacts immediately to overcome setbacks and/or obstacles in order to meet goals.
4. Recognises and acts upon current opportunities.
5. Makes specific changes to systems and processes in order to improve efficiency and quality.
6. Formulate own objectives and action plans in order to achieve a measurable improvement in the future.
Attention to Detail
Reflects a concern for monitoring and checking work or information for correctness/quality.
Self awareness and control
1. Feels impulse to do something or react inappropriately and resists it, Resists temptations to act immediately without careful consideration.
2. Shows emotional intelligence.
1. Is the confidence and ability to take timely and appropriate decisions to further business objectives.
2. It includes investing a level of effort which is appropriate to the decision in hand and ranges from taking routine decisions promptly to making decisions which may be risky or unpopular, and requires the use of judgement.
Resilience and stress tolerance
Ability to handle adversity, remain focused in tough situations and absorb pressure.