Professional, Portfolio Management (1424) [Shanghai]
POSTED BY: New Development Bank (BRICS)
Date Published:09 August 2023
Date of Expiration:05 February 2024
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| China | SHANGHAI in China
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|Requisition ID 1424
Department Portfolio Management - Treasury and Portfolio Management
Closing on: August 30, 2023 at 11:59pm (China Standard Time)
Based in: Shanghai, China
Target Market: Global recruitment
The New Development Bank (NDB) is inviting applications for a Professional level position in the field of treasury investment management within the Treasury and Portfolio Management Department (TMPD).
This position is part of the portfolio management team that is responsible for managing the NDB’s liquidity position and executing interest rate and foreign exchange hedging transactions. The team analyses the NDB’s liquidity needs and recommends and executes investment and hedging transactions in line with internal policies, portfolio objectives and the risk management framework. The team also does regular analysis and reporting of treasury investment positions and performance. The incumbent will report to the Chief of Portfolio Management.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
1. Monitoring and forecasting of cash flows and assessing liquidity requirements;
2. Analysing economic conditions and financial markets in relevant markets to formulate an investment view and make investment proposals;
3. Conducting investment activity through managing current account positions and negotiating and executing term deposits, securities, repo, and other investment and hedging transactions;
4. Calculation and forecasting of risk limit utilization and treasury portfolio positions, and identifying emerging risks;
5. Drafting analytical reports on portfolio positions and investment activity;
6. Drafting reports with quantitative and qualitative value-adding commentary;
7. Effective internal and external stakeholder engagement; and
8. Assisting in regular business administration through activities like procurement requests and document retention;
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
|1. Strong analytical skills. Nimble, highly driven, eager to learn and innovative.
2. Understanding of interest rate and foreign exchange products;
3. Ability to execute investments and explain financial risks and profit and loss;
4. Ability to form independent opinions about investments and willingness to persuasively present proposals.
5. Prior knowledge and experience of working on treasury systems;
6. High level of accuracy required in trade verification with minimal errors;
7. Advanced Excel user including VBA development.
8. Working knowledge and experience in SQL, Python, R, Bloomberg, and/or PowerBI;
9. Ability to manage multiple work demands and effectively prioritize workload.
10. Ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment fostering a climate of teamwork and collaboration.
11. Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in a multilateral development bank or private sector bank or financial institutions.
12. Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant professional field from a reputed university. Relevant certification/s from globally recognized certification agencies in the related field would be preferred.