|Closing Date 2023/08/20
Reference Number DBS230810-1
Job Title Business Continuity Management Specialist [Midrand]
Job Grade 16
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Town / City Midrand
Location - Province Gauteng
Location - Country South Africa
1. To develop, maintain an effective and “ready for response” business continuity management governance framework for the DBSA using the regulatory requirements and best practices.
2. The incumbent will be tasked with promoting awareness of the BCM function through facilitation of awareness workshops, and manage the lifecycle of the Business Continuity Management plan.
1. Develop, implement, manage, maintain and monitor an effective Enterprise Business Continuity Governance.
2. Framework consistently with the general regulatory requirements and industry best practices and standards.
3. Optimisation of existing programs and tools to improve management of risks and minimise the impact of disruptions on business as well as effectively continue or resume business following a disruption.
4. Continuity planning and event management, development and facilitation of DBSA wide event exercises. (BCM Scenario planning).
5. Liaise and give feedback to the key Stakeholders; Assign responsibilities to Stakeholders;
6. Expert knowledge and experience of how the all the functions integrate under the Enterprise Business Continuity Governance Framework.
7. Re-engineering the business continuity planning processes to meet the business requirements.
8. Development of a BCM Capability Tool that measures the maturity and progress of the framework in accordance with the business requirements.
9. Enabling the development and regular delivery of business continuity training, workshops and information sessions to ensure DBSA staff are prepared for service disruptions and can resume operations as quickly as possible.
10. Full coordination of the trained Business Continuity Teams in the response, recovery, restoration and resumption of all business operations in accordance with the business continuity plans, emergency response plans, crisis management plans and technology recovery plans;
11. Work closely with ICT to develop and maintain ICT Continuity Plan for critical systems and applications;
12. Work closely with the Emergency Response Team to ensure on-going compliance in terms of trained members and preparedness;
13. Work closely with all other Business Continuity Management Team role players including Facilities, Security, Human Capital, etc.
14. Evaluate threats using the DBSA Risk Management Framework and methodology.
15. Develop and maintain the Business Continuity Portal and filing system in accordance with the National Archives and Records Management Standards.
16. Coordinate Business Continuity Plan Exercises in accordance with the annual exercise schedule;
17. Report the Business Continuity Status of Divisions / Business Units to Senior Management;
18. Assist the Division and Business Unit in enhancing, formalizing and standardizing the business continuity planning process, by identifying and selecting BC strategies per Division;
19. Development of an Incident Management Plan and Support Structure (Strategic, Tactical, Operational);
20. Maintain and Review all plans quarterly.
21. Ensure regular reporting to the relevant governance committees providing assurance.
22. To ensure regular comprehensive reporting to the relevant governance committees.
23. To provide guidance and support to management and function owners.
24. Ensure a disaster plan is in place to provide for the protection of vital information assets.
1. Able to design and implement effective and high quality governance frameworks in accordance with the relevant legislations, regulations, standards and best practise to ensure the risks are managed and compliance is adhered to.
2. Able to respond; Recover, Restore and Resume Business operations with minimal impact to the business.
3. Ensure that the BCM programme continuously operates at a minimum of Best Practice Maturity.
4. Adequate levels of BCM capability are measured throughout the Bank.
|EXPERTISE & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
1. A Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Qualification.
2. A membership of the Business Continuity Institute and/or an equivalent institution.
3. 5 - 10 years of experience in Business Continuity Management Risk Management;
4. Adequate knowledge of Business Continuity Management and Resilience Frameworks.
5. Computer literacy and the basic understanding of business concepts.
6. Basic understanding of how information systems are designed & process data.
7. A good understanding how Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Crisis Management and Emergency Management are integrated under resilience SharePoint or similar system experience will be advantageous.
8. Experience in writing organisation wide strategies, policies, procedures and training materials will be advantageous.
9. Project Management experience is an advantage.
10. At least 6 years of experience in Risk Management preferably in a Financial Sector environment;
11. At least 10 years of experience in developing, managing, coordinating, implementation, testing and reviewing of full spectrum Business Continuity programmes, disaster recovery, emergency response etc.;
12. Expert knowledge of Business Continuity Management and resilience, Enterprise Risk Management and Operational Risk Management Standards and Best Practice; as well as the risk related control frameworks and practices, (COSO, ISO, ITIL, CMM, COBIT, etc.)
13. Experience in developing a BCM Assurance Framework. An understanding of the corporate wide Insurance especially in terms of Business Disruption Insurance.
14. Experience in writing organisation wide strategies, policies, procedures and training materials.
15. Experience of writing and presenting reports to senior management.
16. Extensive knowledge of the legislative requirements of the Data Protection Act and other information laws.
17. Experience in the investigation and management of incidents and root cause analysis.
18. Expert knowledge in Incident and Crisis Management experience.
19. Ability to assess commercial imperatives with a risk focus.
20. Ability to take ownership of and demonstrate accountability for issues.
1. Understands that different writing styles are required for different documents or audiences.
2. Write effective correspondence, prepares questions and reports, statements of circumstance and briefing notes.
3. Has a solid mastery of writing principles such as grammar, sentence construction etc.
1. Designs / customizes reports to meet user needs.
2. Prepares complex or tailored reports, gathers information from a variety of sources, analyses and includes in a report.
3. Keeps standard reports under review and proposes improvements to meet user needs.
1. Identifies complex problems based on a broad range of factors, many of which are ambiguous or difficult to define.
2. While remaining guided by organisational values, identifies optimal solutions, thinking first in terms of possible approaches and flexibilities in the system vs. blind adherence to rules or procedures.
3. Implements solutions to complex problems, then evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of solutions and identifies needed changes.
1. Actively engages partners and encourages others to build relationships that support DBSA objectives.
2. Understands and recognises the contributions that staff at all levels make to delivering priorities.
3. Proactively manages partner relationships, preventing or resolving any conflict.
4. Adapts style to work effectively with partners, building consensus, trust and respect.
5. Delivers objectives by bringing together diverse stakeholders to work effectively in partnership.
Planning and Organising
1. Plans and manages multiple priorities and deadlines.
2. Uses effectively advance time management processes to deal with high workload and tight deadlines.
3. Organises, prioritises and schedules tasks so they can be performed within budget and with the efficient use of time and resources.
4. Achieves goals in a timely manner, despite obstacles encountered, by organising, reprioritising and re-planning
1. Consistently uses relevant office software products such as word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and email packages to an acceptable standard for the job.
2. Has the ability to use standard and/or program-specific the organisation databases, and merge / import data from one program to another.
3. Adapts method of working to accommodate changes in the technological development.
Risk response and Reporting
1. Monitor the effectiveness of actions taken to manage identified risks and intervene as appropriate.
2. Understand and be able to explain the purpose of risk mitigation measures.
3. Understand, develop and prepare risk reporting.
REQUIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
1. Delivers work on time and quality and follows through on agreed commitments.
2. Views new work experiences as an opportunity for growth.
3. Reacts immediately to overcome setbacks or/and obstacles in order to meet goals.
4. Recognises and acts upon current opportunities.
Attention to Detail
1. Double-checks the accuracy of information or work.
2. Ensures that the work produced doesn’t contain any errors.
Customer Service Orientation
1. Makes self fully available, especially when the customer is going through a critical period.
2. Requests on-going feedback from customers and takes action in response to it; manages to retain and capitalize on existing customers.
3. Takes the “extra step” to resolve customer issues appropriately, even in the case where they do not fall under own area of responsibility.
4. Is aware of the level of service offered by the competition and provides more for customers than they expect.
Self-Awareness & Self-Control
1. Feels strong emotions in the course of a conversation or other task, such as anger, extreme frustration, or high stress;
2. Holds the emotions back, and continues to act calmly.
3. Ignores angering actions and continues a conversation or task.
4. May leave temporarily to withhold emotions, then return immediately to continue.
Teamwork & Cooperation
1. Values and utilises the expertise of colleagues, asking for ideas and input and collaborates to form decisions and plans.
2. Willingly learns from others.
3. Creates opportunities for knowledge and expertise sharing between all members of the team.