|Ref. Number 23154
Position Senior Client Relations Officer [Beijing]
Minimum 8-10 years of experience
Department/Division Office of the Vice President, Investment Operations Region 2
Job Type Global Recruitment
Posting Date Aug 15, 2023
Closing Date Sep 05, 2023
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized at USD100 billion and AAA rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Collaborating with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
1. The Senior Client Relations Officer provides operational and coordination support to Vice President, Investment Operations (Region 2) (VPIO2) on all active and proposed work programs, business deliverables and team management, with a particular focus on client relations management with the Bank’s Members in Region 2 (R2) which covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
2. The Senior Client Relations Officer assists the Vice President with establishing and maintaining high level engagement with the client-economies and business entities as well as financing partners under the leadership of the Vice President, and liaise closely with the Investment Operations, Region 2 departments and the other relevant departments of the Bank including without limitation: the President’s office; the Corporate Secretariat; and Strategy, Policy and Budget, Risk; among others.
3. This position reports to the Vice President and is subordinate to the VP Senior Advisors.
4. The Senior Client Relations Officer supports the Vice President in all business agendas inside and outside the Bank.
1. Help establish the contacts and maintain dialogues with the relevant authorities in R2 AIIB Members. Identify target markets clients for proactive engagement and high-level dialogue. Prepare a plan to effectively initiate, manage and grow relationships with these clients and ensure follow-up actions.
2. Help to plan and prepare VPIO2 high level missions to the countries within R2 operations and other external activities. Liaise with the authorities and coordinate agendas. Support the preparation of the relevant activities and documents, including presentations, meeting coordination, follow up and back-to-office reporting, etc.
3. Research, analyze and process information on the markets and the clients regarding their infrastructure needs and opportunities for infrastructure investment.
4. Monitor and facilitate the internal process to ensure prompt and effective response to clients’ demands, enquiries and concerns. Follow up the investment operations leads under the supervision of the VPIO2 Front Office until the relevant Investment Operations unit takes formal responsibility.
5. Organize regular internal discussions within the Bank on issues related to client relations and programming.
6. Act as an interface between the VPIO2 Front Office and Investment Operations Region 2 as well as other departments in the Bank, allowing business development and client relations to run efficiently and operate with maximum integrity.
7. Assist the VPIO2 Front Office and relevant stakeholders in developing and communicating business strategy and goals.
8. Organize implementation of tasks and activities, manage, motivate, coach and evaluate the Junior Client Relationship colleagues in VPIO2 Front Office.
9. Assist in hiring, contracting, managing and evaluating the Region and Member Liaison Officers and regular control their activities and work.
10. Assist in preparing the budget for VPIO2 and coordinate preparation of consolidation of IO2’s budget.
11. Support the Vice President in maintaining high level contacts and dialogues on co-financing opportunities with international financial institutions and bilateral development agencies in client economies.
12. Other assignments as needed.
|1. 8-10 years of experience in operational divisions of the finance institutions with special focus on the client relationships and coverage aspects of the front office work; experience in multilateral development banks is a plus.
2. Solid understanding of investment operations and familiarity with relevant policies and procedures. Knowledge and experience in front office functionalities.
3. Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities required to build working relationships across teams; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate in a clear and succinct style.
4. Self-starting, self-driven and proactive individual with initiative.
5. Demonstrated experience, judgment, and leadership to execute multiple and diverse work programs.
6. Ability to adapt and play different roles based on business needs to bridge resource/skills gaps and keep several tasks and initiatives moving forward;
7. Quick wit and resilience; ability to work under pressure; be prepared to extensive, multi-week travel.
8. Fluency in English. Knowledge of other languages used in members covered by Region 2 will be an advantage.
9. Master’s degree or equivalent preferably in business administration, economics, or public administration.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 11:59 p.m. (GMT+8) on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.