Finance Associate/Officer, Loan Management [Beijing]
POSTED BY: Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
Date Published:17 August 2023
Date of Expiration:13 February 2024 EXPIRED
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| China | BEIJING in China
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|Ref. Number 23156
Position Finance Associate/Officer, Loan Management [Beijing]
Minimum 3-8 years of experience
Department/Division The Office of the Controller
Job Type Global Recruitment
Posting Date Aug 16, 2023
Closing Date Sep 06, 2023
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized at USD100 billion and AAA rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Collaborating with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Loan Administration Unit under the Office of the Controller advises front office project teams and participates in the planning for disbursement arrangements throughout an investment project cycle, ensuring consistency with the results of fiduciary assessments and compliance with relevant guidelines and procedures; reviews and approves disbursement requests in a timely manner; and assists the Front Office with technical loan operation matters for private and sovereign sector clients.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
1. The Finance Associate/Officer will work with the Loan Administration Unit and will focus on the Bank's back-office operations on financial products (primarily loans, but also includes equity investments, guarantees and other financing products).
2. The role is for a professional whose specialty area is in commercial banking or multilateral development bank (MDB) back-office operations, whether in private or sovereign operations.
Loan/financial products disbursement management
1. Update and implement relevant disbursement policies and manuals and actively contribute to establishing effective and efficient disbursement processes.
2. Work closely with project teams to ensure that critical fiduciary aspects of loans and financial products are fully considered when transactions are prepared.
3. Review and provide inputs to the design and implementation of loans and financial products, including preparing disbursement letters and performing related aspects of disbursement functions, and assisting clients select loan terms and conditions.
4. Monitor disbursement arrangements to assess whether they remain adequate and advise the project team of any needed changes.
5. Review and approve disbursement requests in line with disbursement policies and procedures.
6. Assistin developing the Loan Management Automation System.
7. Liaise with other MDBs and commercial banks on coordination and cooperation in the areas of disbursement management and operations.
Loan/financial products portfolio management
1. Monitor disbursement performance, including maintaining and updating the disbursement database and providing disbursement reports as needed.
2. Review and process refunds of loans and financial products proceeds as needed.
3. Review and process loan and financial product cancellations caused by savings or other reasons.
4. Together with project teams, close loans and financial products in a timely and appropriate manner.
5. Monitor lapsed loans and take appropriate actions accordingly.
6. Conduct trainings and workshops on loan and financial product administration for borrowers.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
|1. Minimum 3-5 years (for the Associate and 5-8 years for the Officer) of relevant work experience in the field of banking and loan operations gained from prior positions with financial institutions;
2. Robust knowledge of loan administration over the life of loans;
3. Self-motivated and able to build internal and external relationships to ensure seamless processes;
4. Proven ability to work efficiently within teams and effectively communicate for results;
5. Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines;
6. Demonstrated knowledge of programming is a plus; and
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
8. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in in finance, accounting or related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 11:59 p.m. (GMT+8) on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.