Chief Operations and Policy Officer, PISA [Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire]
POSTED BY: African Development Bank Group
Date Published:21 August 2023
Date of Expiration:17 February 2024 EXPIRED
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| Cote d'Ivoire | ABIDJAN in Cote d'Ivoire
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|Location: Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
Position Grade: PL3
Position Number: 50076659
Posting Date: 17-Aug-2023
Closing Date: 16-Sep-2023
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten-Year Strategy (2023 – 2032) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely, energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Vice Presidency for ‘Private Sector Infrastructure and Industrialization’ is a Sector Complex focusing on the Bank’s TYS H5s priority of “Industrialize Africa”. The objectives of the Complex are to: (i) develop the ‘Africa Industrial Strategy’; (ii) provide deep sector expertise to the Regions by leveraging on experienced individuals who can be consulted on complex transactions; (iii) develop new financing instruments; (iv) act as the Bank’s Spokesperson on “Industrialize Africa”.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The Front Office of the Vice-Presidency, Private Sector, Infrastructure, and Industrialization provides strategic guidance to the overall functioning of the Complex through its support to the Vice President. The Front Office is responsible for the coordination of the overall work, including Transaction and Project Funding Operations, Policy, and Economic Sector Works, Partnership, Client relationship management and work with Directors and Managers within and outside the complex, to ensure effective delivery of the mandate of the Complex. The Front Office under the oversight of the VP coordinates all NSO work across all sector complexes.
1. The Chief Operations and Policy Officer will work closely with Task Managers and Investment Officers on the processing of PIVP operations.
2. The incumbent will work closely with the PIVP Directors, the VP and the Front Office to ensure timely and effective review of all PIVP operations and policy documents at every stage of processing.
3. He/She will play the PIVP Focal Point on African Development Fund (ADF) and other institutional priorities.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Vice-President, Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization, the Chief Operations and Policy Officer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Review operations and policy documents and prepare relevant briefing materials for VP.
2. Act as Focal Point on ADF and other institutional priorities.
3. Coordinate special initiatives, Mid-term review, G-20, Annual reports.
4. Manage the complex partnerships.
5. Represent the Complex on Operational and Policy working groups.
6. Support investment Teams to improve the quality of results frameworks.
7. Ensure compliance with operational guidelines and processes.
8. Support PIVP teams and create an awareness raising forum focused on recurring issues arising from OpsCom and/or Board meetings.
9. Organize brainstorming sessions on how to address those recurring operational issues and monitor the implementation of agree remedy actions.
10. Ensure lessons learnt are effectively mainstreamed into the design of future operations.
11. Prepare advisory notes and talking points as applicable for the VP ahead of committee meetings or, and speeches as requested by the Vice President.
12. Represent the Complex at internal and external events organized by the Bank to enhance collaboration and knowledge sharing.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
|COMPETENCIES (skills, experience and knowledge):
1. A minimum of a Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Policy and Public Administration, International Development or a related field.
2. A minimum of seven (7) years of extensive and in-depth experience in operations and policy document reviews and preparation in a multilateral working environment.
3. Demonstrated good knowledge of the operational policies, procedures and practices of major bilateral and multilateral development agencies.
4. Good operation experience with the African Development Bank or other MDBs, with broad skills in pipeline development and lending programme monitoring, analysis and reporting.
5. Excellent analytical skills and strong experience in development economics in Africa.
6. Robust understanding and knowledge of the Bank’s structure, financing windows and instruments.
7. Ability to work independently and in a team; be creative and innovative; display high level of integrity.
8. Good listener with demonstrated ability and willingness to support ideas as well as make effective and timely decisions.
9. Substantial people management, strong communications, and interpersonal skills.
10. Excellent written and verbal communications in English and/or French with a working knowledge of the other language.
11. Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG(link sends e-mail)
Apply for this position
1- Regular Staff
If you are currently working at the African Development Bank as a regular staff, click on the button below to apply for this position.
2- External Candidate
If you are not currently working at the African Development Bank, or if you are a Short Term Staff (STS), a Technical Assistant or a Consultant at the Bank, click on the button below to apply for the position.
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for further assessment will be contacted. Applicants should submit a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any additional documents that may be stated as required. The President of the African Development Bank reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. http://www.afdb.org