|¬Closing Date 2023/08/30
Reference Number DBS230816-1
Job Title SharePoint Developer - 1 year contract [Centurion]
Job Type Classification Contract
Location - Town / City Centurion
Location - Province Gauteng
Location - Country South Africa
The IT Unit in the Independent Power Producers Office (IPPO) requires a SharePoint Developer for 12 months to develop, oversee and assist with all functions relating to customizing a SharePoint platform for it's particular requirements.
The IPPO was established in 2010 to provide rapid solutions to South Africa’s severe electricity supply constraints, by procuring new energy generation capacity from Independent Power Producers (IPPs). The IPPO was created as a project office hosted by the Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA) under a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) between the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE), National Treasury and the DBSA. The mandate of the IPP Office is to provide specialised services to government, including a) IPP Energy Procurement Management, b) Monitoring, Evaluation and Contract Management, and c) Professional Advisory Services. The IPPO’s skills, expertise and success in mobilising and delivering on time is recognised domestically and globally.
This role will report to the Head: ICT and will be responsible for configuring and customizing SharePoint systems according to IPPO specifications from start to end point where end point will result in providing user training as well as preparing user training manuals.
These include but are not limited to:
1. Development of a SharePoint solution
1) Scoping, developing and supporting customizations to Microsoft SharePoint to meet specific requirements
2) Developing integrations and migrations of data
3) Define project requirements.
2. Modify and customise fields and reports within the SharePoint system as per user requirements.
1) Customise SharePoint forms, fields, views, reports and dashboards
2) Align the functionality roadmap and support users with configurations, workflows, dialogs, custom reports, dashboards etc.
3) Provide critical thinking and problem-solving services.
3. Maintain and update the system
1) Perform regular updates.
2) Develop and maintain custom validation rules, workflows, plugins, as well as participate in the integration process with other enterprise systems
3) Perform audits to uncover and resolve integrity issues
4. Maintain Security & IT liaison
1) Maintain SharePoint user security roles and privileges
2) Liaise with IT on infrastructure and performance related matters
3) Manage Microsoft Releases and recommend changes or additions to
5. Provide user support & training
1) Develop and update training and resource materials on functionality and features
2) Keep technical documents up-to-date based on ongoing enhancements to the system
3) Provide User Training and prepare User Training Manuals – Quick Guides to assist all SharePoint users