|Department Internationally Recruited Staff
Location: Cairo Governorate, Cairo
Date Posted 2023-08-20
Employment Type Full time
Reports to: Head of Partnerships and Resource Mobilization
Location: Cairo, Egypt or potentially other ICARDA duty station
Closing Date: 19 September 2023 (Or until the position is filled)
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is a treaty-based international non-profit research organization supported by CGIAR.
ICARDA’s mission is to reduce poverty, enhance food, water, and nutritional security, as well as
environmental health in the face of global challenges including climate change. We do this through innovative science, strategic partnerships, linking research to development and capacity development that take into account gender equality and the role of youth in transforming the dry
areas. ICARDA works in partnership with governments, universities, civil society, national agricultural research organization, other CGIAR Research Centers, and the private sector. With its temporary
Headquarters in Beirut, Lebanon, ICARDA operates in regional and country offices across Africa, Asia,
and the Middle East. For more information:
All CGIAR Centers are currently engaged into a reform process (“One CGIAR’”) that will help ICARDA and CGIAR achieve better impact through more strategically integrated research, unified governance, an integrated structure, and new research modalities across participating Research Centers. This transformation is supported by CGIAR donors who have committed to increased funding as a result of these reforms.
ICARDA is in the process of implementing an exciting program of organizational change, and operationalizing a new research strategy that will address today’s development challenges in the dry areas more effectively alongside a new business model to enhance the organization’s ability to deliver its mission in the context of One CGIAR.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION
1. Working closely with ICARDA’s scientists, Resource Mobilization staff and research leaders, ICARDA invites applications from experienced professionals for the position of Resource Mobilization Officer to support fundraising for agricultural research for development.
2. The position is to support the implementation of an institutional resource mobilization strategy, identifying funding opportunities, and collecting and acting on donor intelligence.
3. The selected candidate will work within the Partnerships and Grants Unit (PGU).
4. The position will report to the Head of Partnerships and Resource Mobilization, and will be based in Cairo, Egypt or any other ICARDA station.
1. Contribute, design, and conceptualize documentation for resource mobilization and partnership’s needs.
2. Contribute to the development and implementation of the ICARDA resource mobilization strategy through the identification of expanded opportunities for funding research for development activities through regular monitoring of changes in donor policies and priorities that align with ICARDA’s research priorities.
3. Asses and monitor ICARDA’s funding gaps across research, country and regional program levels and advise on a practical plan for filling the funding gaps through the identification of funders, partners, or other key actors.
4. Work closely with ICARDA colleagues to develop specific resource mobilization strategies and implementation activities within the framework of ICARDA’s Partnerships and Resource Mobilization strategy.
5. Undertake the analysis on the realization of pipeline projects and make recommendations to support decision-making on mitigating actions and factors.
6. Support the management of donor information such as contacts database, donor priorities, donor briefing and contact information.
7. Investigate options for private sector engagement for ICARDA through CSR, private individuals, or others.
8. Assist with the preparation of original materials for donors and donor meetings including, but not limited to, the development of donor briefs, sponsorship packs, and otherwise.
9. Effectively manage data, information, and documentation for partnerships and resource mobilization.
10. International and regional travel will be required.
11. Responsibilities may also include the need to develop, write, contribute to, and edit documentation requested by One CGIAR. This can include, but is not limited, the solicitation of information from research staff and colleagues both in ICARDA and in One CGIAR.
12. Any other responsibilities and duties assigned by the Head of Partnerships and Resource Mobilization.
|EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
1. A university degree in Agriculture, International Development, Social Sciences, Economics, or related field associated with ICARDA’s research programs.
2. Minimum of five years of relevant experience supporting partnerships and resource mobilization activities related to agriculture/rural development, climate change, or another related field.
3. Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English.
4. Strong familiarity with international donors and investors, and knowledge of their funding interests.
5. Excellent skills in analysis and information management.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment and flexibility.
7. Excellent time-management skills, ability to deliver when facing multiple priorities with tight deadlines.
8. Strong analytical skills.
Terms of appointment, salary, and benefits
This is an internationally recruited position. ICARDA offers an attractive compensation package to the successful applicant, including a competitive salary, housing allowance, non-contributory retirement plan, medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, five months of maternity leave, and 15 days of paternity leave. All benefits are denominated and paid in US Dollars.
ICARDA will offer the successful candidate an initial contract of three years, renewable, subject to a continued need for the position, availability of fund and satisfactory performance. The first year will be a probationary period.
ICARDA is committed to increasing women's representation in its workforce and strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
ICARDA will acknowledge all applications received but we apologize in advance as due to the of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.