Assignment period: 12/01/2023 - 07/31/2026
Field: Strategy and Management advice
Type of employment: full- or part-time
Application deadline: 09/03/2023
• Your professional and personal development is important to us. At GIZ, you will be offered global work opportunities and an atmosphere that is characterised by diversity, respect and genuine equal opportunities. Gender equality promotion is a matter of course for us. Our benefits are also impressive in terms of work-life balance and family friendliness. Flexible working hours that fit your life situation, comprehensive onboarding and internal health management are an integral part of our corporate culture, along with the opportunity to use childcare facilities and parent/child offices.
• GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, social background, age or sexual orientation.
• GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
• Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
• The Programme ‘Promotion of Transparency, Participation and Access to Justice’ (“Enabling Access to Justice, Civil Society Participation and Transparency” (EnACT)) is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and co-funded by the European Union. EnACT started its work in August 2021. Together with a wide range of state and non-state partners, the EnACT project aims at improving the Zambian population's access to accountable institutions, to justice and to transparent government decision-making processes.
The EnACT programme is looking for an advisor who can conceptualise and integrate the progamme’s approach to capacity development and sustainability further and steer the relevant activities. The programme’s capacity development approach reaches from the individual level to change processes at organizational level and contribution towards change processes within its political environment. The advisor’s role covers all four thematic areas of the programme to enhance learning and synergy effects across the different activities. Additionally, the programme is exploring how digital elements e.g., in the area of legal aid services, can accelerate change and enhance working processes.
1. Further development of the project’s capacity development and sustainability approach including the monitoring and evaluation of activities
2. Designing and steering of related activities, for example assessments and trainings via third parties
3. Advisory on digital approaches within the four thematic areas of the programme
4. Selection, steering and technical oversight of national and international consultants including quality control of results
5. Organisation and facilitation of stakeholder engagements
6. Documentation and dissemination of best practices with a specific focus on capacity development and sustainability
7. Management of GIZ Governance Fonds Facility to foster knowledge exchange between Zambia and Germany in the thematic areas of the programme
8. Contributions towards Monitoring and Evaluation, Progress Reports and Communication
1. Master’s Degree in Political or Social Science, Law, or a related area
2. Experience in positions providing technical advice on capacity development, organizational change management, training, sustainability and digitalization
3. Experience in project management (technical and financial steering of contracts)
4. Experience in working with a diverse range of partners including state and non-state actors
5. Excellent communication skills and cultural sensitivity to work
6. Working experience abroad
7. Business fluency in German and English
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Zambia.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. Please note that the general and personal living conditions in the country of assignment may meet with different legal and social acceptance. We gladly support you with our many years of experience.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
We are happy to help accompanying partners discuss questions about benefits, residence permits and how to find your own job locally - feel free to get in touch with us during your application phase at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to fulfill the company's objectives, the willingness of employees for assignments at all GIZ locations in Germany and abroad is of high corporate interest.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.