Assignment period: 01/01/2024 - 12/31/2026
Type of employment: full- or part-time
Application deadline: 11/19/2023
• Your professional and personal development is important to us. At GIZ, you will be offered global work opportunities and an atmosphere that is characterised by diversity, respect and genuine equal opportunities. Gender equality promotion is a matter of course for us. Our benefits are also impressive in terms of work-life balance and family friendliness. Flexible working hours that fit your life situation, comprehensive onboarding and internal health management are an integral part of our corporate culture, along with the opportunity to use childcare facilities and parent/child offices.
• GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, social background, age or sexual orientation.
• GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
• Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
As a project manager you are responsible for the successful implementation of the project “Strengthening key actors in the fight against sexualised and gender-based violence”. The project is part of the German programme in the Peace and Security sector, which is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ and German Credit Institute for Reconstruction. The project aims at improved strategic cooperation between state and civil society actors for holistic approaches in the fight against Sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) and in supporting SGBV survivors in the Kivu region, notably in the Province South Kivu. To this end, it supports the institutional strengthening of civil society actors, in particular the Panzi Foundation and the Panzi Hospital in Bukavu, the advocacy work of survivors’ associations as well as capacity development of state actors to play their role in dealing with SGBV. The project has a strong focus on gender-transformative approaches, in line with German feminist development policy.
1. You will be responsible for the technical, conceptual and organizational implementation of the project, including the annual budget and operational planning
2. You will be responsible for the disciplinary and technical management of a team of national / international staff, including safety and crisis management, occupational health and safety issues, and for ensuring an appreciative management culture
3. You will promote the establishment and expansion of partnerships and networks, manage consulting processes and support services for the partners
4. You will ensure quality and knowledge management, including an impact-oriented monitoring for the project
5. You will manage the planning and implementation of international, regional and local experts and consultants
6. In coordination with your manager (m/f/d) and the people responsible for the sector and programme, you will represent the topics of the project / focus vis-à-vis government agencies, political actors in the country and the development cooperation community
7. You will be actively committed to strategy development and acquisition
8. You will be responsible for reporting to the client and ensure professional client communication, in close cooperation with the portfolio management and the country manager (m/f/d) at GIZ Headquarter
1. University degree in gender studies, development research, organizational development, or social sciences
2. In-depth knowledge and practical experience on gender-transformative approaches, holistic approaches against SGBV, women's empowerment in the Humanitarian-Development-Peace-Nexus
3. Knowledge on organisational development and management consulting
4. Several years of professional experience in international cooperation or humanitarian aid programmes
5. Knowledge of GIZ's procedures and instruments and of commission management with BMZ is a strong advantage
6. Work experience in sub-Saharan Africa and fragile contexts is an advantage
7. Strong communicative skills, team spirit, reliability, diplomatic skills, intercultural understanding
8. Ability to think and act strategically and analytically, quick comprehension and an eye for the essentials
9. Business fluent in German, English and French
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations. You can find further information in the Guide to the Collective Agreement on Assignment Conditions in Fragile Contexts.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. It is not possible for life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
We are happy to help accompanying partners discuss questions about benefits, residence permits and how to find your own job locally - feel free to get in touch with us during your application phase at email@example.com.
In order to fulfill the company's objectives, the willingness of employees for assignments at all GIZ locations in Germany and abroad is of high corporate interest.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
To ensure and further strengthen GIZ's ability to deliver, the willingness to operate in changing conditions in Germany as well as abroad is of high corporate interest.