|Location: Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
Position Grade: GS7
Position Number: 50001345
Posting Date: 24-Oct-2023
Closing Date: 23-Nov-2023
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. To sharply focus the objectives of the Ten-Year Strategy (2023 – 2032) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified, namely: energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund. The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal; Office of the Auditor General; Group Risk Management Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The Office of the Auditor General provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Bank’s operations. It also assists the Bank in accomplishing its strategic objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The Office of the Auditor General is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling a broad, comprehensive program of auditing and consulting/advisory services both internally and externally including, without limitation, all projects and programs of the Bank group.
1. The overall responsibility of the Programme Assistant will be to assist in delivering the duties of the Front Office of the Auditor General.
2. The incumbent is expected to deliver the assignments, with limited supervision from the Chief Programme Officer, who will be the role holder Manager.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Program Officer, the Program Assistant shall be responsible for activities that are aimed at supporting the Auditor General in achieving his mandate.
He or She will assist the Front Office in:
1. Coordinating the development and consolidation of the Internal Audit Plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management.
2. Monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the Internal Audit work programme, including, any special tasks or assignments requested by the President and/or the Board.
3. Contributing to the preparation of Statutory Reports by drafting Progress and Annual Reports for review by the Chief Programme Officer.
4. Maintaining an ongoing system of monitoring of the adequacy of the actions taken by Management to implement internal audit recommendations and reporting on the status of implementation.
5. Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the stock of audit recommendations available to business colleagues; carrying out verification of audit recommendation implementation status by obtaining, analyzing, and appraising data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the status of audit recommendation.
6. Analyzing auditees’ action plans to audit findings and recommendations; reviewing and analyzing documentation, hold working sessions, gathering appropriate evidence about the Management Action Plan being implemented.
7. Implementing the quality assurance program by which the Auditor General ensures that internal auditing processes and procedures are in accordance with the standards.
8. Developing and continuously reviewing internal audit policies, standards, procedures, and methodologies in line with professional standards.
9. Preparing and monitoring the Department’s budget resources and the implementation of training and professional development plans.
10. Coordinating the Department’s client liaison activities and completion of the Benchmark surveys
11. Undertaking the general and administrative matters assigned by the Chief Programme Officer, such as preparing for the Auditor General/Manager draft replies to communications.
12. Undertaking any other responsibility that the Auditor General may assign.
|COMPETENCIES (skills, experience, and knowledge):
1. Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, or other related disciplines in an analytical-based subject.
2. Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a relevant area, with a minimum of two years of practical internal/external audit experience.
3. Good planning skills with excellent levels of initiative, organizational and interpersonal skills.
4. Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
5. Knowledge of administrative, budgeting, and financial processes.
6. Experience within a multicultural and/or international environment is an added advantage.
7. Client and results-oriented individual holding “a can-do attitude”.
8. Ability to be flexible, open-minded with integrity.
9. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
10. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP.
11. Knowledge of computer-assisted audit tools, particularly ACL and PENTANA, is an asset.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (THE INCUMBENT WILL BE CONSIDERED AS LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL STATUS).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG(link sends e-mail)
Apply for this position
1- Regular Staff
If you are currently working at the African Development Bank as a regular staff, click on the button below to apply for this position.
2- External Candidate
If you are not currently working at the African Development Bank, or if you are a Short Term Staff (STS), a Technical Assistant or a Consultant at the Bank, click on the button below to apply for the position.
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for further assessment will be contacted. Applicants should submit a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any additional documents that may be stated as required. The President of the African Development Bank reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. http://www.afdb.org