Director General, Infrastructure Investment Department (Investment Operations Region 2) [Beijing]
POSTED BY: Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
Date Published:27 November 2023
Date of Expiration:25 May 2024
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| China | BEIJING in China
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|Ref. Number 23199
Position Director General, Infrastructure Investment Department (Investment Operations Region 2) [Beijing]
Minimum 20 years of experience
Department/Division Infrastructure Investment Department, Investment Operations Region 2
Job Type Global Recruitment
Posting Date Nov 23, 2023
Closing Date Dec 14, 2023
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 109 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB’s Investment Operations are comprised of two regional teams, Region I and Region II. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP), who oversees one infrastructure investment department and one banking department. Region II is responsible for East and Central Asia, including Afghanistan and Pakistan, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) as well as the Americas. Meanwhile, Region I covers South and Southeast Asia.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
1. The Director General for the Infrastructure Investment Department, Investment Operations Region 2 (INF2) will lead the INF2 teams to identify bankable projects, prepare them to become robust and technically sound to win investment approval by the Board of Directors and monitor them at implementation. This applies for both public, private and public-private sector clients.
2. This position will report to the VP of Investment Operations Region 2.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Build an outstanding team of professionals who can promote business development, initiate and prepare good-quality investment projects that align with AIIB’s corporate strategy and INF2’s business plans.
2. Provide strong and results-oriented leadership in organizing and managing the department.
3. Lead the team to build a strong pipeline of high-quality investment transactions.
4. Assist senior management in strategic planning and providing guidance to the team on strategic matters.
5. Ensure effective origination, preparation, appraisal, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the teams’ projects and assume accountability for their respective work and results as well as developmental impact assessment processes; chair the Pre-Investment Committee Inter-Departmental reviews and assume relevant responsibilities and accountabilities.
6. Ensure that all projects financed by the team are of highest quality and comply with all applicable AIIB policies and directives.
7. Maintain and enhance effective relationships with clients, other financing partners, advisors, consultants and stakeholders; lead origination and outreach missions and activities.
8. Participate in the preparation of relevant policies and regulations in cooperation with the other business units of AIIB.
9. Ensure regular cross-departmental communications, cooperation and exchange of information.
10. Lead annual departmental business planning and budget management.
11. Demonstrate outstanding people management skills by mentoring and managing INF2 staff, motivating them to reach their highest performance potential; proactively manage the team’s career progression, training and development requirements; design a long-term staff plan to promote and retain good performers to maintain a strong delivery team over time.
12. Provide support to supervising the VP in his/her duties when asked and needed.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Minimum 20 years of relevant professional experience in other multilateral development banks or top-tier global financial institutions.
2. Substantial experience in at least one, and preferably more of the primary infrastructure business sectors covered by the INF2.
3. Substantial experience in project and infrastructure financing across multiple sectors and jurisdictions. Substantial proven track record of successful infrastructure and project finance transactions.
4. Strong credit and structuring skills for different investment tools.
5. Strong investment acumen with track record of building up quality investment portfolios.
6. An exceptional track record in achieving results and problem solving.
7. Strong managerial and interpersonal skills.
8. Thorough understanding of Environment, Social and Governance framework in infrastructure development.
9. Demonstrated ability in managing diverse teams and stakeholders, both internal and external.
10. High proficiency and command of English. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
11. Master’s degree in finance, economics, development studies and/or related fields is essential. An advanced degree is a plus.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which a successful applicant will enter AIIB.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 11:59 p.m. (GMT+8) on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.