Chief Information & Technology Officer (895) [St Micheal, Barbados]
POSTED BY: Caribbean Development Bank
Date Published:28 November 2023
Date of Expiration:26 May 2024
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| Barbados | ST. MICHAEL in Barbados
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|Requisition ID 895
Deadline: December 17, 2023 at 11:59 pm AST.
Location; St Micheal, Barbados
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB/the Bank) has an excellent opportunity for a visionary Chief Information & Technology Officer (CITO) to develop and champion the Bank’s technology and digital transformation agenda and deliver integrated technology solutions to its business. The CITO will create a technology strategy and roadmap to support the Bank’s mandate.
The Information and Technology Services (ITS) Department’s mandate is to transform how the Bank accomplishes its mission through information and technology. In this fast-paced, ever-changing world, the formulation and implementation of the IT strategy is an ongoing, iterative process of learning and adaptation developed through extensive consultations with business partners. ITS serves the Bank's information and technology needs aligning with its overall mission to serve the region.
1. The primary role of the CITO is to lead the long-term strategic planning of the Bank’s Technology and ensure the technology roadmap and the alignment and delivery of all solutions and services meet internal business performance criteria and service levels.
2. Ensure that the technology strategy supports the Bank’s corporate strategy.
3. They will engage with leaders across the Bank and play a critical role in enabling the Bank's strategic and operational delivery.
4. The CITO will help the Bank develop a data-first culture that enables the Bank to leverage data to improve Bank operations and the understanding of its business.
5. The CITO will lead and be accountable for all core IT activities, advocate for and drive innovation through partnering with leaders across the Bank, identify and develop technology investment targets across core IT activities, and develop and implement a Bank-wide information security program.
6. They will create a comprehensive vision for digital transformation initiatives that support CDB's mission success, prioritize investments in digital solutions, and leverage technology and best practices to integrate initiatives and programmes further to empower Staff, clients, and other Stakeholders.
7. The CITO reports to the Vice President of Finance & Corporate Services and will be a senior management team member.
The responsibilities of the CITO include:
1. Collaborating with critical stakeholders across the Bank to define the long-term strategic IT roadmap and ensure the delivery of all IT functions to support the Bank’s corporate strategy.
2. Ensuring that the IT operating model, including organisational structure, infrastructure, resources, processes, capabilities, and delivery model, is agile enough to facilitate operational excellence and innovation and meet current and future business needs.
3. Implementing strong technology governance for procuring and prioritising technology investments, maintaining accountability, and delivering results.
4. Proactively advising the Bank on emerging technology trends and their implications for transforming how we work and serve our clients and leading efforts to integrate and define acceptable use of emerging capabilities and technologies.
5. Strengthening the data ecosystem and related processes and investments (including data governance, data management, data analytics, and data privacy) toward organisation growth.
6. Influencing innovation across the Bank, encouraging experimentation and iteration, and using agile management principles.
7. Facilitating cross-departmental alignment and optimization, ensuring that IT continues to play a critical role in bringing business teams together by optimising resources and maximising the use of technology.
8. Developing and maintaining relationships with external agencies and vendors, remaining current with their plans and directions and seeking collaboration and partnership opportunities as appropriate.
9. Leading the development, revision, and implementation of policies specific to information technology usage, security, general systems, controls, and cybersecurity across the Bank.
10. Developing and implementing strategies and programs to identify and minimize risk associated with systems and infrastructure, data and connectivity, ensuring a strong business resilience program.
11. Leading annual and multi-year planning, programming, and budgeting for the IT function
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
The CITO should have executive presence and interpersonal skills to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and affect change through influence. They will require a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises employ them to drive digital business in applying those emerging technologies to CDB. They should be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with various functional IT disciplines, including enterprise architecture, infrastructure, cybersecurity, applications, etc. In this role, the CITO should have a proactive and innovative approach to ensure that the Bank’s Information Technology standards drive its culture and support business performance.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
1. A graduate degree in Information Technology, business, or a related field.
2. Significant experience in the Information Technology field managing IT divisions of complex networks with a mix of strategic, tactical, and service responsibilities. Experience with major technology solution stacks applicable within CDB business environment.
3. Demonstrated record of successfully developing and executing strategic IT plans in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
4. In-depth knowledge of emerging technologies, trends, and various functional IT disciplines including enterprise architecture, infrastructure and cybersecurity.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of applicable data privacy practices, laws, and other industry-relevant regulations.
6. Ability to effectively drive business, culture, and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
7. Proven leadership skills with the ability to formulate, articulate and implement a vision and strategy for IT; and demonstrated ability to lead multicultural and multidisciplinary teams of professionals.
8. General familiarity with key data privacy and protection requirements.
The Bank will give strong preference to candidates with CISO or CDO certifications.
The CITO should demonstrate a strong proficiency in the following organisational core competencies:
• Acting as a Champion for Change – the ability to identify problems and opportunities for change; implement solutions where appropriate, maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; and support people in their efforts to try new things.
• Acting Decisively
Moves quickly to make decisions and commits to a straightforward course of action; comfortable making decisions based on partial information; willing to take risks to maintain momentum; shows a strong bias toward action.
• Championing Customer Needs
Calls attention to issues that impact customer satisfaction; views situations from customers' perspective; encourages people to think about customers when making decisions and develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
• Developing Talent
Invests time and resources into building the capabilities of team members; helps people define career goals and establish development plans to achieve them; gives people constructive, developmental feedback and advice.
• Driving for Results
Bottom-line oriented and pushes self and others to achieve results. Keeps current on project status; makes sure people are aware of project status and what they need to do to keep things moving; redirects project resources and activities to overcome setbacks; elevates project concerns to senior levels of leadership when appropriate.
• Managing Performance
Clearly defines and communicates roles and responsibilities; holds people accountable for accomplishing objectives; recognises and rewards people who achieve results and deliver on performance expectations; provides effective feedback.
• Managing Risk
Effectively balances risks and opportunities; thinks through potentially positive and negative outcomes; seeks ways to mitigate risks.
• Setting a Strategic Vision
Identifies and articulates the strategic goals and direction of the company, Division, or group; establishes connections between short-term and long-term objectives and directions. Communicates the vision throughout the organisation through distinctive strategies, goals and action plans that maximise competitive advantage. Inspires and motivates entire Division (s) or department(s) to adopt the vision.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a two-year basis in the first instance, with the possibility of renewal. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. A pension plan, life and medical insurances are included in the benefits package.
Before you proceed to apply, please consider the following requirements:
1. You must be a national of one of CDB’s member countries.
2. You will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications to support your application if you are selected for an interview.
3. All appointments are subject to satisfactory background checks and references.
CDB fully respects the need for confidentiality of the information supplied and assures you that we will not discuss your background and interest with anyone, including references, without your prior consent.
The deadline for submission of applications is December 17, 2023 at 11:59 pm AST.
The Caribbean Development Bank is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, or disabilities. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Bank provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities participating in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request such accommodation.