|Closing Date 2023/12/11
Reference Number DBS231117-1
Job Title Marketing Specialist [Midrand]
Job Grade 16
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Town / City Midrand
Location - Province Gauteng
Location - Country South Africa
The purpose of the job is to implement and review the marketing strategies and plans to promote the DBSA brand and showcase the development impact both internally and externally utilising various marketing interventions through multiple fit-for-purpose platforms.
Marketing Plans and Initiatives
1. Contribute towards the development and implement the marketing strategy, plans, policies and frameworks.
2. Conduct research, evaluate the Banks portfolio of clients and analyse internal/external data to determine customer segmentation and determine customer profiles to enable the execution of marketing programs for target segments.
3. Review the Bank’s branding and ensure brand consistency and application across the Bank for internal and external marketing materials, events and all communication formats.
4. Identify key platforms and communication channels (social media, digital marketing platforms) for marketing initiatives to promote the Bank and its strategic intent.
5. Provide marketing and communication expertise that positions the Bank as a leading change agent for socio-economic development in Southern Africa by proactively developing and implementing effective plans for internal and external stakeholders.
6. Plan, design and execute marketing campaigns and initiatives to promote the Bank, create awareness, showcase the service offering and development impact across Southern Africa.
7. Communicate high level outcomes from marketing initiatives by preparing summary reports and debriefs for management.
8. Facilitate the design and branding for the annual report, annual financial statements, and other key documents of the Bank in conjunction with various divisions.
9. Provide brand and marketing guidance to management and divisions for internal and external initiatives and build synergies and cooperation across the divisions.
10. Identify and deliver on key strategic events, presentations and corporate activities.
11. Incorporate public relations activities in promoting the Banks strategic intent, image and reputation.
12. Work together with the events team to ensure conferences, strategic sessions, exhibitions, advertisements are aligned to the DBSA brand and image.
13. Manage the selection and procurement of promotional items and corporate gifts to enhance brand awareness and strengthen relations.
14. Monitor the marketing budget and ensure that all planned marketing activities are within the approved budget.
1. Provide a comprehensive brief to service providers on various marketing initiatives and manage the execution of the brief.
2. Establish and manage relationships with marketing and advertising agencies and various companies with marketing platforms.
3. Onboard service providers on the DBSA brand, mission, vision and strategic intent as a leading change agent for socio-economic development in Southern Africa.
4. Build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders, both internally and externally to enhance business consultation and buy in on marketing campaigns.
Key measurements of outputs
1. Deliver a consistent brand across the Bank.
2. Drive understanding of DBSA brand internally.
3. Successful implementation of the marketing plans and initiatives.
|EXPERTISE & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
1. Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
2. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing strategy development, communications and digital marketing experience at a specialist level.
3. A minimum of 5 years’ experience of working with agencies and vendors.
4. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning and activating traditional, digital and social media campaigns, content development, planning and account management.
5. Experience in commercial or marketing/advertising/digital agency environment.
6. Proven track record of successfully leading and implementing digital marketing, social media and marketing plans and campaigns at a specialist level.
7. Proven track record of writing and editing skills on both print and digital platforms.
8. Demonstrated experience in writing compelling and thought-provoking content that builds organisational brand/s.
9. Demonstrated ability in executing marketing initiatives and events.
10. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel; PowerPoint).
1. A post-graduate qualification in Marketing, Communications or Commerce.
2. A qualification in digital marketing.
3. Experience working for digital marketing agency, consulting, professional or financial services or development finance institution.
Communication (Written and Verbal)
1. Is relied on by others to help them write complex technical and non-technical documents and briefs.
2. Can determine which aspects of this knowledge area need to be transferred to others in order to achieve organisational goals.
3. Coaches’ others and transfers communication skills and knowledge to others.
4. Able to communicate complex problems or concepts, by making them simple and understandable for others.
5. Adapts language to the level of the audience in order to ensure that the message has a positive impact and is interesting to the audience.
6. Is articulate, demonstrates a wide range of vocabulary, and is confident when talking to large/high level audiences.
Marketing and Communications Skills
1. Strong understanding of Marketing and Communication principles and best practice, and of the full range of Marketing and Communication activities.
2. Ability to contribute to the development and implementation of a Marketing / Communication strategy.
3. Ability to take a lead role in Marketing and Communication activities, such as collecting and analysing market insights user feedback, content creation, producing marketing collateral.
4. Editorial planning and strategy experience.
Digital Marketing Skills
1. Digital channel strategy and management experience.
2. Social media strategy and management experience.
3. Data analytics e.g. google analytics.
4. UX (User) experience design.
5. SEO and SEM (Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing).
6. Strong understanding of best practices and principles for digital marketing, social media and content development.
1. Initiates project plans and secures resources for projects that span area or department boundaries.
2. Uses estimating techniques and develops project risk management approaches.
3. Has an in-depth and practical understanding of how to maximize the effectiveness of project teams.
Planning & Organising
1. Is relied on to help others plan and organise their workload.
2. Uses effectively advance time management processes to deal with high workload and tight deadlines.
3. Organises, prioritises and schedules tasks so they can be performed within budget and with the efficient use of time and resources.
4. Achieves goals in a timely manner, despite obstacles encountered, by organising, reprioritizing and re-planning.
1. Makes sound financial decisions after having analysed their impacts on the organisation, partner agencies, and community.
2. Effectively prepares budgetary submissions and forecasts for own department.
3. Knows the internal and external factors that impact on resource and asset availability.
4. Is able to interpret management account reports in an operational/commercial context and take action as appropriate to maximize revenues and control costs.
Reporting & Communication
1. Designs / customizes reports to meet user needs.
2. Prepares complex or tailored reports, gathers information from a variety of sources, analyses the information and only includes pertinent information in a report.
3. Keeps standard reports under review and proposes improvements to meet user needs.
1. Knows how to deliver arguments persuasively by employing a range of advanced presentation techniques (e.g., the appropriate use of body language, how to close a presentation so that the audience continues to think about the subject matter etc.).
2. Has knowledge of various feedback mechanisms to check levels of audience understanding.
1. Has an appreciation of cultural sensitivities and differences.
2. Effectively employs a variety of advanced behavioural/interpersonal competencies to control the negotiation situation.
3. Is able to take the lead in a variety of sensitive negotiation situations requiring high levels of tact and diplomacy.
4. Is able to place a discrete negotiation situation within the context of a broader long-term relationship and is not threatened by conceding ground to protect the longer-term interests of DBSA.
REQUIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Customer Service Orientation
1. Tries to understand the underlying needs of customers and matches these needs to available or customized products and services.
2. Adapts processes and procedures to meet on-going customer needs.
3. Utilises the feedback received by customers, in order to develop new and/or improve existing services/ products that relate to their on-going needs.
4. Thinks of new ways to align offerings with future customer needs.
Self-Awareness and Self Control
1. Withholds effects of strong emotions in difficult situations.
2. Keeps functioning or responds constructively despite stress.
3. May apply special techniques or plan of time to manage emotions or stress.
Strategic and Innovative Thinking
1. Experiments with new approaches, tests scenarios, questions assumptions and challenges conventional thinking.
2. Creates new concepts that are not obvious to others, leveraging internal and external sources of information, to build incremental revenue and growth opportunities.
Driving Delivery of Results
1. Sets challenging goals that will have a significant impact on the business or support the organisational strategy.
2. Commits significant resources and/or time to ensure that challenging goals are achieved, while also taking action to mitigate risk.
Teamwork and Cooperation
1. Acts to promote a friendly climate and good morale and resolves conflicts.
2. Creates opportunities for cross-functional working.
3. Encourages others to network outside of their own team/department and learn from their experience.