|Requisition ID 954
Posted 11/30/2023 - Shanghai
Closing on: December 21, 2023 at 11:59pm (China Standard Time)
Based in: Shanghai, China
Target Market: Global recruitment
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Reporting to the Director General and Legal Counsel of the New Development Bank (NDB or the Bank), this position will be responsible to support the Legal Department and different departments/divisions of the Bank with expert legal inputs on various legal matters related to the Bank including in relation to the Bank’s institutional governance, administrative, human resources, information technology, procurement services etc. to ensure legal compliance with all applicable regulations, policies, guidelines and standards.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
1. Provide legal advice on matters in connection with the Bank’s Articles of Agreement, policies and procedures, corporate, institutional and administrative issues, privileges and immunities of the Bank and its staff as per agreements with member countries, membership matters, matters relating to the Bank’s leases and other issues involving NDB’s headquarters and regional offices, information technology, intellectual property, personnel matters including staff grievances and legal issues arising out of investigations, governance matters etc. and managing all aspects of the Bank’s legal compliance.
2. Stay abreast of the legislative laws in member countries and anticipate and assess legal risks associated with the activities of the Bank and provide inputs to the Legal Department and relevant teams and management to mitigate legal risks.
3. Conduct due diligence and prepare reports/legal documents to support the Director General in defending the Bank for any legal issues/disputes in national and international courts, arbitration or other legal proceedings.
4. Provide research, gather factual information on legal issues and prepare, draft and review legal opinions and complex legal documentation.
5. Prepare memoranda, drafts of legal documents and resolutions, examine documents for legal sufficiency and consistency.
6. Assist in analysis of different cases to identify legal risks. Take part in negotiations and draft documents for various Bank’s transactions, which the Bank is to participate in.
7. Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
|1. Minimum 9 years of relevant experience in a multilateral development bank or equivalent or regulated private/public sector financial institution or a leading law firm. Admission to practice law in at least one of the Bank’s member countries will be an added advantage.
2. In-depth knowledge of all legal aspects of the full range of the Bank’s operations, activities, policies and operating procedures in the member countries.
3. Proven experience in delivering prudent, consistent and reliable decisions to maintain legal compliance in a complex global organization with exceptional legal drafting and analytical skills.
4. Exceptional strategic thinking, resourcefulness, problem solving, communication, conflict management and resolution and interpersonal skills with high resilience and drive in achieving objectives and goals.
5. Relevant experience in a multi-cultural work environment fostering a climate of team work and collaboration.
6. Master’s Degree or equivalent in Law from a reputed university.
PLEASE NOTE, this position is being re-advertised. Previous applicants need not apply as their applications will be evaluated together with the new set of applications.