|Ref. Number 23201
Position Senior Treasury Officer - Head of Client Solutions [Beijing]
Minimum 8-10 years of experience
Department/Division Office of the Treasurer
Job Type Global Recruitment
Posting Date Nov 28, 2023
Closing Date Dec 17, 2023
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow - infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 109 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and rated AAA by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
1. The Senior Treasury Officer, Head of Client Solutions will be primarily focused on the creation of flexible financing products; developing and implementing a strategy for supporting local currency treasury operations; proposing required changes to relevant authorizations, policies, guidelines, and controls, among others; as well as ensuring appropriate operational controls and risk management practices to support, upon approval, the implementation of the strategy.
2. The role will require an active dialogue with the Bank’s client-facing departments to actively participate in the roll out of relevant product developments.
3. Moreover, it will require close engagement with relevant authorities in target countries and other financial centers.
4. It will also require involvement with other activities in or associated with the Treasury function, included – but not limited to – capital market borrowings, associated derivatives transactions, credit rating agency engagement, financial projections, treasury strategy development, accounting controls, risk management, legal considerations, and IT infrastructure.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
1. Develop flexible financing products in anticipation of or in response to the Bank’s clients’ needs.
2. Develop a strategy for Treasury operations in different types of markets and currencies.
3. Identify the Bank’s expected pipeline of loan syndications, structured finance, and local currency loan projects/operations to be supported in coming years.
4. Define how the Bank can operate in each market type, including identification of various funding sources, liquidity investments/warehousing instruments as well as risk and liquidity management.
5. Design and implement strategies to enable and grow the Bank’s capabilities in local currency financing as well as structured products.
6. Drive cross-departmental working groups to propose changes to relevant policies, guidelines, and controls to establish a structure for managing local currency risk, propose new exposure limits on risks associated with local treasury operations, and identify operational issues as well as define the strategy to address all such issues.
7. Participate, as directed, in relevant internal committees and working groups as well as in relevant external conferences and peer group fora.
8. Regularly report objectives and results to Senior Management.
9. Maintain compliance with internal and external regulations and controls at all times.
10. Contribute proactively to the improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of the Treasury function by leveraging technology, driving automation and defining best-in-class processes and procedures.
11. Provide training and knowledge management services to internal and external clients.
|1. Minimum 8-10 years of relevant transaction experience in financial markets in at least two or more of the following areas: fixed income/derivatives/structured finance/debt capital markets within a development finance institution, an investment bank, rating agency or other institution related to capital markets.
2. Master’s degree in finance or related area. Strong background in financial engineering or a quantitative field would be desirable.
3. Excellent conceptual understanding and structuring experience. Knowledge of fixed-income instruments including derivatives and structured credit products for emerging markets.
4. Strong business development, structuring and client relationship skills and a track record for emerging markets transactions.
5. Proven ability to effectively provide solutions to clients’ needs.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
7. Ability to interact directly and independently with senior management of potential clients, financial and technical partners and senior government officials.
8. Technical familiarity with information platforms such as Bloomberg or Reuters.
9. Ability to mentor, motivate, and lead staff.
10. Highly motivated and committed to the highest ethical standards.
11. Genuine commitment to sustainable development.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 11:59 p.m. (GMT+8) on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.